Pay the GSS! (e-transfer)
How to Send an INTERAC® e-Transfer to the GSS
If you have never sent an e-transfer watch this video.
Each financial institution on-line banking e-transfer system is slightly different but, the essentials are as follows:
- Login to your financial institution’s web-banking and navigate to the “pay bills” section. Select “interact email transfer” and “add payee”.
- Add the name (UVIC GSS) and email address (email@example.com ) as a recipient.
- If possible modify your Sender profile to use your uvic email address (this helps in authenticating the transaction)
- When asked to create a security question enter “What do I get? ”, the answer is “cookies” This is the only question we can process. If the GSS is unable to answer the question the e-transfer fee charged to you by your financial institution is non-refundable.
- Indicate the amount of money you would like to send. (Your account will be debited the amount you have sent as well as the fee charged by your financial institution once you click Send Transfer. See the table below to identify the cost of your opt-in.)
To recap, the e-transfer should look like this:
- Recipient: UVIC GSS
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amount: $
- Security Question: “What do I get ?”
- Answer: cookies
- Click send
The final step will be a confirmation email from your financial institution affirming the GSS has successfully deposited your payment. Please keep this receipt for proof of payment in case of an error. Once payment has been received by the GSS your cookie order will be completed and can pick them up on the pre-arranged day.