The GSS Semi-Annual General Meeting is coming up on Tuesday, March 23rd. While I am going to post an announcement poster below, please check the Semi-Annual General Meeting page for details.
Notice of GSS Semi-Annual General Meeting
Date: Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021, 5 pm – 7 pm; Registration 4:30 pm ~
Location: Online! ‡ Via Blackboard Collaborate (check your email for link)
Who may vote: All UVIC graduate students, actively registered as of March 2, 2021.
What you need: Your UVIC ID card (ONECard) student number, a strong internet connection, Chrome internet browser, and prepare by reading the SAGM materials*.
- Call to order
- Land acknowledgement
- SAGM attendance and quorum report
- Approval of the agenda*
- Approval of minutes from the Nov. 20th Annual General Meeting*
- Decision: GSS Bylaw Amendments*
- Decisions: Stipend Review Committee motions for stipends
- Decision: Presentation of the proposed GSS 2021-22 Budget
- Reports to the membership:
- Membership and representation report
- Report of the 2020-21 Executive Board*
- Reports of GRC Standing Committees*
- Extended health and dental insurance plan update*
- Ratification of acclaimed Board of Director candidates (Chair)
- Election for vacant Board positions (Director of Finance and Director of Services)^
- Introduction of the 2021-22 GSS Board of Directors
- Other business (with notice of motion)/announcements
~ Emergency preparedness: In the event a major power or technology failure disrupts the March 23rd meeting, the SAGM will be reconvened on March 30th at 5 pm.
‡ Any member with questions about the SAGM online format should email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GSS Bylaws can be found here: https://gss.uvic.ca/forms-pdfs/constitution-bylaws/
*All relevant meeting materials will be posted by March 16, 2021, at: https://gss.uvic.ca/agm/. Meeting participants are required to read all materials prior to the meeting. Substantive questions or concerns about the materials or motions should be emailed prior to March 23 to email@example.com.
^Please contact the GSS Electoral Officer, Tiffany Kuo, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.