The GSS is still looking for a Director of Finance for the next year. This is a key member of our Executive Board so if you are interested, please let us know!
The Director of Finance works with the Executive Director and the Finance Committee to prepare the annual budget for the Society and to ensure the financial health of the GSS. They assist in day-to-day operations, review all Society contracts, and sign the cheques.
Don’t have any experience with finance – don’t worry the GSS will train you in the skills needed to perform the role. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the duties of the Director of Finance as laid out in the Bylaws:
- Present budgets and audited financial statements to General Meetings for ratification by the members;
- Report on the status of the extended health and dental plan at General Meetings;
- Act as chair of the Food and Beverage Advisory Committee of the Society;
- Be responsible for development and negotiation of staff and external contracts in conjunction with Executive Board;
- Act as primary signing authority for the Society;
- Normally act as the Personnel Officer for the Society; and
- Be responsible for other duties as agreed upon and assigned by the Executive Board.