Loans, emergencies, and bursaries

UVIC`s Student Awards and Financial Aid office has information on government student loansUVIC emergency loans, and bursaries. The GSS funds a childcare bursary for graduate students; students with children can apply for this bursary through the Student Awards and Financial Aid office.

For grad students who are members of Component 1 under CUPE 4163 (i.e. Teaching Assistants), you may apply for the Component 1 Hardship Fund, which is available to all eligible members who have experienced a recent, unexpected event resulting in sudden financial hardship. The fund is allocated to cover expenses to a maximum of $500 at the discretion of the Hardship Committee.