The blackout on the GSS Extended Health and Dental plans is over and most accounts are active! You can now submit claims and register an online account with Pacific Blue Cross.
Thank you all so much for your patience.
If you are having trouble accessing your account, please contact our Health and Dental Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can work to resolve your issue.
How to Create an Online Account with PBC
In order to access your card, submit online claims, and monitor your benefits create an account on Pacific Blue Cross’ website.
To register and create your account online, please go to the Pacific Blue Cross member login.
- You will need the following information to create your online account:
- Our group policy number is 43222
- Your personal ID number is the last seven digits of your UVic student number
Please note: If you have created an account before you will need to click on “I want to Register for Access to my Member Profile”
You can also set up your account on your phone by downloading the Pacific Blue Cross app.
How to Submit Claims
In most cases clinics/offices can take care of direct billing by submitting eligible claims to the insurance company on your behalf. If you paid for eligible services upfront during the blackout (or your clinic/office does not offer direct billing), then there are two ways to submit eligible claims:
- Create an online account and set up direct deposit for reimbursement of eligible claims paid for upfront at clinics/offices
- Submit eligible claims by mail. Start by printing off a claims form from our Health and Dental forms page, and following the instructions on the form.